Pages

Saturday 23 July 2016

Everything Everything by Nicola Yoon review


Everything Everything by Nicola Yoon review

my attempt at a cool photo :)

   *spoiler free*

This book as the title says is 'everything' i wanted it to be, it was a light-hearted, funny read but also included some serious aspects which made the story more interesting. Its about a girl called Madeline/Maddy who is suffering from a disease where she is basically cannot go outside, the only people she talks to is either her mum or her home nurse Carla. A boy called Olly moves next door its basically their story of them falling in love and the crazy risks everyone takes for love. 

Nicola has expressed maddy's feelings towards Olly so well and I could relate to Maddy so much and is one of my favourite characters and so is Olly. There is a plot twist kind of towards the end, which caught me completely by surprise and I loved how unpredictable it was, because the story didn't seem to be heading in that direction. My thoughts on the ending was that it felt a bit rushed or not complete in some way, as I could've done with at least another 2-3 chapters, to see in which way the two main characters relationship was going. 

Throughout the book there were little notes and annotations maddy had written down which added an aspect of fun to the book and broke the reading down for people who don't like reading long endless chapters (aka. me). Its one of my new favourite contemporary novels, i would give it like 4 out of 5 stars which is what I gave it on goodreads.


  • boring parts= 0
  • funny parts= some
  • cute parts= a lot
  • surprises= 1 really big one
  • overall percentage rating= 94%


Kitkatxo

No comments:

Post a Comment